Saturday, July 21, 2007

Feminism

My thoughts are absolutely in sync with Octa's on this matter. Feminism is such a load of nonsense nowadays that it is nothing but fun to see people hiding behind that cloak.

It is absolute opportunism at its best. Put a gun to my head and I would bet on both these sentences coming from the fairer sex.
1) Oh bloody Mary. Help us out with some handouts so that we can be equal to the guys
2) We are in no way inferior to men (said almost right after the first sentence)

I was forced to revisit the apparent contradiction in the feminist's view point when i got to know about something so childish and lame that I thought if this what companies come up with after some thought, I would like to know what they do recklessly.

*IN (Women's INitiative) is one such grand gesture by the supposedly male dominated, glass ceiling existent company. The basic thought behind the policy is that women can achieve what her hardworking male colleague achieves with lesser effort because.... Oh right. She is a woman. It shows off great pride in its ability to attract and retain great female talent because they are enthused by the fact that when they start a family, the company greases their wheels.

In essence:
With effort X, MCPs (I loathe MSBs who use this) take 10 yrs to reach to the top
With effort X-Y(significant), great feminine talent take the same time

The reason is that women have their families to take care. The last time I checked, majority of the families in this world had couples of both sexes. If a male does not take equal responsibilities in a family, it is absolute stupidity on the woman's part to continue. Dump him, I say. Don't make the life of your innocent male colleague living hell because you do not have what it takes to do what you should.

Give me help because I am a woman and the firm is populated by males at the top.
Give me help because I am backward and the firm is populated by the upper castes.

Put a gun to my head and I will not be able to choose which statement disgusts me more. Let my brains splatter

No comments: